Mama w her babies

Mama w her babies

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Getting started

I am starting this blog because I love food & have a few things to say about it.  I have always been a very picky eater & now I am just a food snob (aka, grown up word for picky eater).  What most people don't know about me is that I will only eat about 10% of what I make.  I guess I was always meant to be a chef (which is a word I have a hard time calling myself b/c it is sooo over used & is meant for those who have earned the title).  After cooking professionally for 8 yrs I went to collage & got my BS in Food Science (yes, I am a food geek & a chef).

I state that I love food. By that statement I don't mean just to eat but all that it is.  I get great joy every time someone tastes something that I made & truly love it. I always watch the face because it never lies. I love the science of food.  I love that we can take mold and make yummy cheeses.  I love that we can take living organisms and create bread & wine.  I love the calming it gives me while cutting & chopping. It takes me to that zen place.  I most love how people are when sitting down to enjoy a meal with others.  People are much more respectful while eating with others.  That social aspect of food.  I love how it works in our bodies.  When we eat healthy, we are healthy.  When we eat unhealthy, we are unhealthy.  Food should always be balanced.

Be creative, have fun & enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment