Mama w her babies

Mama w her babies

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day Mom

My Mom with her Mom cooking a holiday turkey
Happy Mother's day Mom! I love you and am very thankful for the things you have inspired me and taught me to do. Because of you I cook. Because of you I love food. My favorite meal is still whatever you cook for me on any given day. Nothing special except that you made it with your love. Thank you. I try to always cook the same way, with love. My sisters, I believe, cook the same way, with love. It is the most nourishing way to eat.

You also taught me to cook with real food. Yes you did use canned cranberry sauce for the holidays but it was no different then anyone else of the times and it is one of Dad's favorite things on his turkey sandwich the next day. Again it was about the love. At the same time I never knew what boxed mac & cheese or Velveeta were until I became an adult. I still make mac & cheese the way you did. You taught me that food was more then nourishment for the body but also the soul and that food should be shared. You taught me that food should be eaten at the table with a connection with the people that you love.

Thank you Mom,
with love,
                    Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment